Hello, everyone! You may have already heard, but a week or so ago I was informed that I had won the Micro Fiction Contest on Anela Deen’s blog. You’ll be able to read the winning story, and the second and third place stories, on her blog in a couple of weeks. However, winning the contest came with a couple of perks, which I may or may not have told you guys about already, but anyway, here’s the rundown:
- Intisar Khanani, author of Thorn and The Sunbolt Chronicles, will be featuring me on her blog in an author/character interview, which will be posted October 1st. You’ll be able to learn a bit more about me, my book, and the book’s main character, Devon Lavender.
- I got to write a guest post for Kate Tilton’s blog. I’m not exactly sure when that will be released, but I’ll let you know as soon as possible. The post is entitled Writing and Emotion: Swaying Readers with a Dose of Real Life.
- Speaking of Kate Tilton, I’m going to be a guest on her Twitter chat (#k8chat) on November 10th from about 9:00 to 10:00 EST. The topic will be ‘When Characters Become Human’. Anybody can participate in the chat! Check out the chat page on Kate’s website for more details.
Those are all awesome perks from the contest, but there are still a few more amazing things which will be happening pretty soon:
- My Goodreads giveaway for Behind Her Mask was Death will be over on September 30th. Over 340 people have already entered, and there’s still time for you to get your name in for a chance to win a signed copy of the book. It’s completely free to enter, and there are lots of other cool giveaways for new books to check out as well.
- The publication date for Behind Her Mask was Death is October 1st, this Saturday. You’ll be able to purchase either a paperback copy or a Kindle eBook on Amazon starting Saturday morning (And I do mean morning. I’m going to be up really late anyway, and since I have to manually release the book, I’ll be doing it around midnight- 1:00 PM that day.) Leaving a review on Amazon or Goodreads after you’ve read the book, even if the review is just a few lines, would be really appreciated.
But now, finally, I am going to announce what is probably the biggest, best thing to happen yet:
On October 29th, you will be able to join me at the Orange Branch Library in Orange Township, Ohio, for the first ever Great GeekFest! It goes from 10:00 to 8:00 and I’m going to be there all day, selling and signing books, and having lots of fun. There will be games and cosplay and author panels and vendors and food (of course) and general geekiness all day long, so save the date and I’ll see you there!
Thanks so much for reading, and have a great day. 🙂